hit tracker
Home / News / Health Canada Warning After The World’s Deadliest Mushroom Was Found In Canada (PHOTO)

Health Canada Warning After The World’s Deadliest Mushroom Was Found In Canada (PHOTO)

Spread the love

Remember that PSA from the 90’s, Don’t Put It In Your Mouth? Well, good thing we learned a thing or two from that because health officials are warning that the world’s deadliest mushroom was found in all provinces of Canada .Now is the perfect time to leave nature where it is. 

According to Canada Center for Disease Control, a toxic mushroom known as the “death cap” has been found on Canada. This pleasantly named mushroom was recently discovered on private property located right in the heart of the city – which is definitely concerning. 

This mushroom is incredibly deadly and has even killed people in Canada in the past.

Following the sighting, health officials have released a series of information about the mushroom in order to avoid potential tragedy. 

According to the Health Canada the death cap can be fatal. While it just looks like an ordinary, edible mushroom, they are incredibly poisonous. 

This mushroom is typically found naturally in Canada .

Loading...

According to the Health Canada warning, this is the most poisonous mushroom in the world. CBC has stated that the “death cap” is known for 90% of the world’s mushroom-related deaths. 

Symptoms after consuming the mushroom are concerning and typically occur within six hours of eating. The first phase is characterized as abdominal pain, vomiting, and severe diarrhea that could contain blood. 

The second phase is a false sense of recovery that typically happens within 24 to 72 hours of eating. This phase shows victims overall health improving, however, there are clinical signs of liver damage peaking after 60 to 72 hours. 

The third phase occurs within four to nine days. This is characterized as “acute liver and multisystem organ failure” and can lead to convulsions, hemorrhages, coma, and even death. 

This death cap typically grows in urban environments attached to the roots of European trees. If you see this mushroom, or any wild mushroom at all for that matter, please do not eat it. 

If you happen to come across one, the best thing to do it report it as an invasive species.

Loading...

About admin

Check Also

The TTC has officially made face masks mandatory for Toronto riders

Spread the love The TTC is officially making masks mandatory for riders beginning next month. The TTC board met …